ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:48 pm 

TTA ID: 106702
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +2
With Aleks' game having reached a P-Lylo - 1 stage it might be good to begin taking characters for the next game.

So next game is my Highschool Mafia, which is a Bastard Mod & Role Madness game for 11+ players.
The conditions for characters is: Any character with a convincing reason to be at a Highschool~
But honestly it would be good if most of you would select student characters.

Some differences on what Aleks and Yoshi have run:
- In case of tie at the end of the day coinflip will be used to determine the lynch.
- Use ##Votecount to ask a vote count (duh), ##Time for time left and ##Mod: to ask a question from me.
- Existence of a 3rd-party or independent may chance win conditions from the norm. There might or might not be any of these in effect in the game.
- There will be no twilight all roles that normally would required twilight need to post before or just around the deadline. There might or might not be roles that use twilight.
- Night 0 and confirmation stage are one and the same there might or might not be roles that use night zero in some form or other.
- I am still thinking on should I use the normal timing for the game or my own variation that I have previously used. "(You will have always at least 2 days and 12 hours for the day (60 hours); the lynch will always be on 22:00 (10:00 pm) on GMT.)" You are free to PM me here or on Discord on this matter.

6 players have given their character.
8 players signed up at the moment:
 - Sage
 - Yoshiken
 - david_b86
 - Dracmir
 - Aleks
 - neo37256
 - Raistlin
 - Jedat
 -
 -
 -

Edited rules from Aleks' game originally written by Yoshi:

Signup Rules:
- Send me a message with your username (for the player list) and your chosen character.
- Games will be played under character accounts. Your character choice will have no bearing on the mechanics of the game.
- The game will be Role Madness
- The game will be Bastard Mod

General Rules:
- Editing posts is forbidden at any stage of the game.
- - If you want to edit to spellcheck, don't bother.
- - If you want to edit to clarify a point, "EBWOP" stands for Edit By Way Of Posting. Double-posting is fine in Mafia for this purpose (although don't abuse this).
- - To this end, I would ask other players report if they see that a post has been edited at any time.
- No talking outside of the game topic unless your role PM says otherwise.
- - This will always include the Mafia team, who are able to communicate separately, but may also include a range of other roles.
- No screenshots, direct quotes or anything similar from role PMs. If you claim your role, it must be written in your own words.
- - This includes both in-topic and any communication outside of the topic.
- Once you are dead in-game, you may not post in the game topic any more.
- - If you specifically want to make an in-character death post, it will be allowed if you run the post past me first.
- - Death posts may not influence the game in any way. They may not include opinions, actions, results, etc in any way.
- Breaking any of these rules will result in removal from the game. Depending on severity, it could lead to a ban from the next game(s).

Confirmation:
- When we have 11 or more players with characters chosen, I'll get character accounts set up.
- I will message each player with their character account and the password. Role PMs will be sent to character accounts.
- Read role PMs carefully and reply from the character account to confirm that you've understood everything.
- - If you have ANY questions about your role, this is the best time to ask!
- - Once everyone is confirmed, the game will begin. I can't guarantee fast replies to messages, so any questions may be answered too late to be relevant.

Night Phases:
- The game will begin on a day phase (Day 1).
- Players are not allowed to post in the topic during the Night Phase unless otherwise stated.
- To submit actions, PM me from your character account with all relevant information for your role.
- - For the Mafia team, each player must send their own actions. It is not enough for one player to send all actions in.
- Night Phases will have a time limit of 24 hours. Any actions not received in this time will not be used if able, and will hit a randomly chosen legal target if they must be used.
- - This also applies to any illegal actions (for example, a player attempting to target themselves with a role that cannot self-target).

Day Phases:
- Day Phases will last for 48 hours, except for the first day which will last for 72 hours.
- You must post in the game topic at least once during each Day Phase. Failure to do so will result in a mod-kill at the end of that day.
- Voting for other players must be done using ##Vote: PlayerName at the beginning of a line.
- - Having the vote in the middle of a line will lead to the vote not being counted.
- - Having the vote not be bolded or without the hashes will lead to the vote not being counted.
- It is possible that some actions will take place during the day. These actions will either occur in the game topic or will take effect at the end of the day.
- If a player reaches a majority vote, the day will immediately end and that player will be killed.
- - For even numbers, that's half the players plus one. So, 6 votes would be enough to kill with either 10 or 11 surviving players.
- If a majority vote is reached, no more posts are allowed.
- - I will be trying to check often enough to end the day when a majority is hit, but am relying on some good faith from players to recognize when a majority is hit.
- - If a player/mod mentions that a majority has been reached, do not keep posting. Doing so will result in warnings that will lead to a mod-kill.
- If there is no kill decided by the end-of-day deadline, the player with the most votes will be killed.
- If the votes are tied at the end-of-day deadline, there will be a coin-flip or a dice roll for the lynch.
- At the end of each Day, killed players will be revealed, along with their alignment and role description. At this point, the next Night Phase will begin.

The Endgame:
- Warnings will be given when Town are in a LYLO situation.
- - LYLO is "Lynch or Lose" and refers to a situation where a wrong kill will result in a Town loss.
- The game will end when all Mafia players are killed, or when Town do not hold a majority. Existence of a 3rd-party or independent may chance this. There might or might not be any of these in effect in the game.
- - For example, if 4 players remain and 2 are Mafia, the Mafia team will immediately win, regardless of phase or circumstance.
- Post-game, I will post a list of all actions, as well as a range of relevant stats and the full setup.

If you think there's anything missing here or have any questions about any of this, PM me separately instead of posting here. Thanks!