Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:53 pm 

TTA ID: 12029
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
Hey guys.
This thread shall be used for debates around changes in fun and announcing your wishes.

Anything's fine - wishes for FC sets, new ideas for specials that we sometimes do in FC, tournament ideas, ideas to get chat tournaments rolling again.

To start off with the topic I've got two points to discuss:
1. The first one Justl and me have been thinking about -
Changing fun challenges a little bit to make it easier to complete 'sets'. Basically we'd still have three TTA rulesets and two TTN sets - just as it now. But we'd stop "completing" sets but instead just count any 10 wins from all sets together. With this we want to make it easier to gain the bonus points as well as making the o/c and open set a bit more attractive. I often see for example Deli sitting on 4-5 open wins and 6 closed wins. With this new rule his 4 open wins and his 6 closed wins would finish one 'set' and he'd also get 150 points.
The only thing we dislike about this option is that you could potentionally finish a set by playing one opponent 9 times and then one random guy, making it a little easy for two people to achieve the bonus.
The other rules do still apply; 10 wins maximum per ruleset, 3 max vs. the same account. So it doesn't change too much except enables you to get the 50 point bonus more easily.

2. The situation about fun tournaments in general (forum ones) -
Do you think the amount we're hosting is fine? Too many, too few? Would you appreciate different hosts, different sets? Are the tournaments ok? Got any thoughts/wishes for new ones? Like the two GBs per year idea I came up with. Open only GB? Closed only?
Also we still have the issue with chat tournaments. Nobody is ever hosting them or is around to play in them. Should we just scrap the idea completely?

Discuss away. Other ideas and critism are welcome too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:07 pm 

TTA ID: 115148
GMT: +1
Vid wrote:
2. The situation about fun tournaments in general (forum ones) -
Do you think the amount we're hosting is fine? Too many, too few? Would you appreciate different hosts, different sets? Are the tournaments ok? Got any thoughts/wishes for new ones? Like the two GBs per year idea I came up with. Open only GB? Closed only?

One open only, one closed only.

Quote:
Nobody is ever hosting them or is around to play in them. Should we just scrap the idea completely?

Yes, do more normal tourneys instead.

And about Fun Challenges, my problem with it is that I don't have any motivation to complete sets, as I can simply win a trade all game, sell all the dupes and get 500 points. More than I could get with FCs and in much less time. I suggest bringing back Fun League and have FCs give out Fun Points only, not points, and FL winner gets a rare or/and points.

EDIT:

By the way, if not on official tournaments, I'd like to at least see this idea happen on fun tournaments:

Yojimbo.CoM wrote:
Vidiot mentioned bettings at the end of his essay, that's a good point. Let's make bettings for tournament games (you can't bet on your own games). I believe this would raise big awareness for tournaments for people even after getting eliminated. Betting on their favourites, discussing who will/should win etc. could raise some chat activity. Also it would give people chance to make a lot of points. The only issue I can see is how and who would be making odds for certain matches. That big poll in Occult Fan where people rated players proved that some people have no sense for this.

I don't really think TTA Fun's budget would be at risk, as the amount of losses is usually high on these kind of things and easy bets' reward would be close to none. However, in order to prevent people to behave in a childish manner (tying on purpose so that X loses his bet, for example), I'd suggest to avoid giving odds for ties.

Last edited by Akiyama on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:44 pm 

TTA ID: 108461
TTN ID: 2864
GMT: -8
Fun Challenge needs to stay, IMHO. But having any 10 wins count would be cool.

One open only and one closed only GB would be nice.

I would be interested in more chat tourneys, if they were during the week. And maybe have an open one and a closed one the next week and alternate them?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:30 pm 

TTA ID: 98699
I've never really got into Fun challenges, and I really don't know how it works, as far as I know there are three sets and people who get 10 wins on one set get extra points or something like that. Well, I noticed that ever since I remember fun challenges, 90% of games are from the closed set. Not sure if this will improve anything, or if it's done already, but maybe giving more points for the O/C set and even more to the open one will get more people to try and complete those sets, and it's a also good way to support open.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:48 am 

TTA ID: 118090
Make it somehow more public. Hell... i dont want to know how many people beat me on this week fun challenge and i still see only a few posts in the forum about it.

We got a flowtext about the Tournaments in 2014, maybe balz could throw in the link to the fun challenges too.