Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: The Inactive List
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:22 pm 

TTA ID: 78225
TTN ID: 1358
GMT: -5
This topic is to detail a new system we as staff have decided to implement regarding total inactiveness in official tournaments. We kind of already had one in the official tournament guidelines thread, but I guess it got overshadowed by the illegal hands and timeouts part.

Anyway, here is the concept

Since SE Quistis, and maybe a little before then, staff has been making a list of people who sign up for official tournaments and make no effort whatsoever to get their games done. If the tournament host thinks, that in a matchup, that one person has been clearly 100% more active than the other, the person that is removed will be put on this list.

Once someone is on the inactive list, and they decide to enter the next official, they will receive a warning by the tournament host about their inactiveness from the previous official. If that person disappears again, or shows no effort to get the game done whatsoever, that person will not be allowed to enter the very next official. Some of you may have gotten a warning from Balz when SE Garland was started. That is what I'm talking about here.

So, how do you avoid getting on the list? The best way is to get the games done ;p If you have any problems finding your opponent, let the tournament host know, make a post on that particular rounds thread, and keep trying. The tournament host will NOT chase down your opponent for you though, so please keep that in mind.

So to clarify, the way someone gets on the inactive list is if they sign up for a tournament, and then make 0% effort to get the game done. By 0% effort I mean not showing up after a round is posted, not responding to your opponent's PMs, or just not doing anything to show us that you are serious about getting the game done.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to get a hold of me and I'll be happy to answer it.

ImageImageImage