ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Wethril Ohtarrim.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:10 pm 
Better than Raistlin

TTA ID: 3
TTN ID: 110
GMT: -6

Clan Forums: http://www.knightofavl.net/WO/forum/index.php

Welcome to the feudal realm of Wethril Ohtarrim. The name Wethril Ohtarrim means "Shadow Knights" and you are cordially invited to join us.

Wethril Ohtarrim is a clan based on the system, traditions, and honor of the Feudal Age. Before a lord could grant land (a fief) to someone, he had to make that person a vassal. This was done at a formal and symbolic ceremony called a commendation ceremony composed of the two-part act of homage and oath of fealty. During homage, the lord and vassal entered a contract in which the vassal promised to fight for the lord at his command. Fealty comes from the Latin fidelitas and denotes the fidelity owed by a vassal to his feudal lord. "Fealty" also refers to an oath that more explicitly reinforces the commitments of the vassal made during homage. Such an oath follows homage. Once the commendation was complete, the lord and vassal were now in a feudal relationship with agreed-upon mutual obligations to one another.

We are led, not by one single person, but by a Tribunal of four. Our imperfections balance one another out, and our strengths complement each other. Any decision made must be approved by a majority of our tribunal. We are united, and our unity makes us strong.

You may join our strength by passing a tryout, thus adding your power to our own. When you begin, you start as a squire. You must then earn at least 25 homage through your deeds for the clan to pledge an oath of Fealty to one of the 4 Lords of the Tribunal (to be chosen at random), becoming a Vassal. If you demonstrate your loyalty as a vassal over a period of time and earn enough homage, you then become a Duke/Duchess. Dukes earn a bonus equal to half the amount of homage earned by Vassals, and the Tribunal members earn a bonus equal to 1/4 the homage. Vassals don't receive bonuses, but they do get full homage points for any they earn. Homage can be earned through activity in the clan chat channel and through participation in clan events. Activity in the clan chat channel is a requirement for membership. Feel free to come by #Wethril and ask for a tryout.

So the most likely thing you will be thinking is why should I join? Well, it's simple. You would be part of a community that will listen to your opinions and also give you advice on what/how to get around certain TTA-related problems. Also, by there being 4 clan leaders, this also creates many different opportunities because we have several inputs on everything. There will be regular in-game activities that are going on consistently due to the world map facet of things. There will also be regular chat tournaments and CvC events in place. We would also like to attract new players to the site due to the fact that you are going to be the TTA players of the future. We could offer you our experience as TTA players and help you understand certain rules if you are not familiar with them. Also there is a great structure in place that has been well thought out and by having this structure in place you can move up in the clan and not just stay at the bottom like you do in multiple other clans. Your achievements in the clan will get noticed and will be rewarded.

Tryouts:
For a tryout, you will play one member of the Tribunal and two other clan members. In order to get into the clan, you'll need to either get an overall win, or impress the people that you play against enough for the Tribunal to invite you into the clan.

If you fail the tryout however, we encourage you to stick around in the clan's channel if you choose until you feel you're ready to try out again.

Expectations Upon Joining:
Activity in the clan chat channel is a requirement for membership. If you will not be around, you will be expected to leave notice beforehand.

Clan Roster:

Tribunal:
Anthony
Balz
Dalamar
ElwoodBlue79
Sage

Emperors/Empresses:
-

Kings/Queens:
-

Princes/Princesses:
-

Dukes/Duchesses:
-

Arls/Arlessas:
-

Counts/Countesses:
-

Barons/Baronesses:
-

Knights/Dames:
-

Vassals:
-

Squires:
Borchardt
Dark-Lord
DBack
Deven
Emerald
Jenova
Kadaj
Lich
mingwhohah
Omnislash
Oray
Raistlin Majere
Rikku
Stryke
Turdz
Wazzup

The clan tag is simply [Kirkee] <--- Brackets

Clan Accomplishments:
Clan Wars VIII Finalists

Last edited by [Dalamar] on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 am 
Master of Past and Present

TTA ID: 7444
TTN ID: 0
GMT: -5
Merry Christmas all, hope it's a good one and you all have a great day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:36 pm 

TTA ID: 72373
Please warmly welcome EmeraldBlitz to the clan :) ... a fairly new player, but i'm confident we can help her improve her game :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm 
Better than Raistlin

Welcome to the clan, Neostriker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:54 pm 

Welcome to both Emerald and Neo :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:31 pm 

TTA ID: 72373
Welcome to the clan, Neo-striker ^_^

Also, signups are up for February tournament :)

Go here to sign up: http://www.knightofavl.net/WO/forum/viewtopic.php?t=315

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 am 

TTA ID: 88245
GMT: -8
Hey, can someone add me to the WO forum? I want to play in the tourney :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 am 
Better than Raistlin

You have an account now. Username is P0HGEE, pass is the same as the one you use on TTA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:27 pm 
Can I be God? =p

TTA ID: 166
TTN ID: 8
Dear clan,

As you can see, WO is not participating in CW this year because we couldn't find enough people to play for us, which is partly our fault for not asking people soon enough and partly the members fault for not being active. Well, tbh this doesn't sit well with me and I'm kind of frustrated that we're not playing in CW seeing how the #1 reason people join clans anymore is to compete in official clan tournaments for icons (that's something I can't stand either..but it is what it is.).

In my eyes I see this as a failure of leadership and it's showing. Trying to have in house activities is a joke anymore. That is our fault as leaders I think. We're obviously not satisfying people here and I think I speak for the rest of the Tribunal when I say we need to change this NOW! So for starters, this post is going to be the beginning of a roll call so we can cut the people who are completely inactive.

Another note, I cannot stress enough how important it is for everyone to be in chat. I want to do more in house activities and it requires good communication. The type of communication in which we don't have just from being on the forums or talking in PM's. I want our members to take an active role in the clan to keep it running. When you joined this clan you become a cog in the machine to keep it functioning and we can't move if there's no parts moving. So, I'm thinking of giving more people responsibilities in the clan. I feel this is one area we can definitely improve on and keep people interested and involved. Which brings me to the main point of this paragraph: come to chat to do your part!

All of this isn't just for WO, granted a good portion of it is, but indirectly this affects the TTA community. More people coming to chat, more people getting involved, more people sparking rivalries, clans meaning something again instead of being the social hang out where people idle in chat for hours. Helping WO (or any other clan you're a part of) -> Helps clan scene -> Helps TTA community in short. The more work a person does to help, the more recognition they'll receive and will play bigger parts in the community (Which is an amazing feeling speaking from experience..not that I've done that much) Guess what I'm saying is...be active, the clan and site need it. =)

We would all very much appreciate it. =D

so recap:
1. WO is going to change, but we can't do it with just a few people, everyone needs to pitch in.
2. This post starts a roll call to cut inactive members
3. COME TO CHAT FOR F*** SAKE!
4. Help WO (or whatever clan you're in) -> Better clan scene -> Better TTA
5. Play bigger roles in the community whether it be micro within clans or macro with the entire site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:38 pm 

TTA ID: 117828
I Completely Agree With You Sage!!

Roll back Notice;

Hey, Its Dare I Say Deven , And I Am Here To Stay ! =)

~ Waking up is the second hardest thing in the morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:40 pm 

I'm here, and I'll try to do more to help when I can

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:11 pm 
Can I be God? =p

TTA ID: 166
TTN ID: 8

I thought this would be relevant to our current situation =)

Also here and roll call is going to end in 2 weeks from today. Anyone who doesn't post here within that time limit is dropped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:18 pm 
Better than Raistlin

Quote:
[ 14:12:47 ] [ Sage ] Leaders too for the roll call. =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm 

TTA ID: 7314
[Sage] wrote:
Well, tbh this doesn't sit well with me and I'm kind of frustrated that we're not playing in CW seeing how the #1 reason people join clans anymore is to compete in official clan tournaments for icons (that's something I can't stand either..but it is what it is.).

That's not the reason I join clans, at least.

Anyway.. still around :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 pm 
A Bolt out of the Blue

TTA ID: 100907
AYE SIR.

Also, nice on quoting Winston Churchill <3

ImageImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next