ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:46 am 

TTA ID: 51813
TTN ID: 681
Crescent wrote:
I had been maybe 25% through Persona 3 FES a few months ago before I moved.

Wanted to get back to playing Persona, but decided to shelve 3 for the meantime and start 4 (also of course emulating the "Undub" with the Japanese audio patched back in ;o)

And I'm really glad that I switched to 4. I think CBX had said she liked 4 a lot better. But I also had a friend who really liked 3 (or maybe it was vice-versa lol). 4 kinda seems like the yin to 3's yang, so I'm happy that I've played enough 3 to get a feel for it. There are definitely elements to 3's general premise/story that I can see some people liking more than 4's.

I'm only at Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko, but already the characters feel a lot more personable/relatable than 3. Some of it may just be liking the characters themselves more, but the fact that you're introduced to the characters in a much more personal way instead of "sup, you don't turn into a coffin at midnight too? k we're buds now" definitely helps.

Even though the dungeons basically work the exact same way, dividing them up into themed areas rather than Tartarus's infinite scroll is a welcome improvement. As is using the different mysteries/characters as a way to pace dungeon exploration as opposed to 3's annoying fatigue system.

The music's also great - definitely the best boss battle theme I've come across in a long time (Note to self: Still need to buy Bravely Default).

Recently finished a P4 replay myself, it really is a great game. I liked 3 as well but I think I'd find it difficult to go back to now as I think 4 made some big improvements to the battle system and general gameplay (not being able to control all four characters and finding common sense tactics in 3 was a bit frustrating... all 5 enemies are weak against ice but if you set to knock down they attack one at a time and not just use mabufu whyyyyyy)

Hope you stick with P4 until the end, it'll be hard not to anyway, the storyline should keep you hooked all the way through. I hope you haven't spoiled yourself :p

I'm really looking forward to P5, and it's been a long time since I've been genuinely excited about a new game.

For me I've just started on Tales of Xillia 2, only about an hour in and my PS3 decided to die mid game :/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:33 am 
Poetry In Motion

TTA ID: 23605
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
Killer Is Dead (PS3).

Such an underrated DMC-like adventure! Loving the art style and combat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:36 am 
Spec-Ops

TTA ID: 7
TTN ID: 5
Still playing P4, Turdz :P Just kinda on and off. Mostly on weekends since it's usually not the sort of game I feel like playing in the evening after work. I've since beaten Kanji's dungeon (on the first day it was open lol) and have progressed just about to the end of that bloc of time.

Didn't play any of it this weekend. Spent a lot of it driving ;o Had an itch for Megaman X, played and beat the first game last night. Started X2 tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 pm 

TTA ID: 0
Malifaux tonight, with a little Fluxx to fill time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:53 pm 

TTA ID: 95892
GMT: -7
KH: Birth by Sleep on PS3

Not as fun as I remember on the PSP, although I guess I was younger then. Having some trouble staying awake during the game. :<

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:57 pm 
Poetry In Motion

TTA ID: 23605
Final Fantasy Type-0 and Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed on PS4.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:03 pm 

TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Tell Tale Games The Walking Dead: Michonne

It's good, just not long enough.

Killer Soundtrack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS5naemyo0I

Last edited by kurrgo on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:56 pm 

Tell Tale Games' The Wolf Among Us.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:11 pm 

Tonight was Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition).

Played through the first three linked episodes. I was Overlord and had 4 players. I won the first round. The second was a tie. The third was a victory to the players - JUST!

Then I came home, logged into Overwatch, immediately heard a torrent of mysogyny on the first server I entered and remembered why I prefer tabletop gaming :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 pm 

Quote:
all 5 enemies are weak against ice but if you set to knock down they attack one at a time and not just use mabufu whyyyyyy)
/

I'm actually finishing this game for the first time, single target spells are better for knocking enmies down because there are higher chances of hiting, with bufula instead, if 4 hit and one missed then Mitsuru wouldn't get an extra turn and the enemies would stand back up. Not sure if you still care about the mechanichs but I use single target spells to knock enemies down :P.

I'm also playing a few ff mods, Tactics and VIII. In the VII one I tried beating Omega Weapon a few times and Ultimecia once, then stoped trying, someday I will beat them I guess. It's funny fighting Omega and not having that attack pattern he always does. Tiamat was harder than a regular Omega Weapon.

In the tactics I'm stuck in the battle against Izlude, enemies are way faster and they already kill one or two of my characters before y even get to move, and Izlude can deal 999 via monk skills, and has regenerator so... yeah I don't think I can finish this before classes start, but both hacks are highly recommenden if you're feeling nostalgic but feel the original games are way too easy.

Last edited by Villalva on Sat May 19, 2018 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:57 am 

Just finished The Walking Dead Season 3: A New Frontier, and immediately began World of Final Fantasy. I have the Day One Edition, so I got the Sephiroth and Balthier mirages plus three other monster mirages free on DLC. So far the game is pretty cool, and the idea of bumping into characters from other FF games--not to mention Sora from Kingdom Hearts--makes for interesting gameplay. Has anyone played this yet, and if so, is there any advice you can pass on, like secret treasures and stuff?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:37 am 

TTA ID: 93521
kurrgo wrote:
Just finished The Walking Dead Season 3: A New Frontier, and immediately began World of Final Fantasy. I have the Day One Edition, so I got the Sephiroth and Balthier mirages plus three other monster mirages free on DLC. So far the game is pretty cool, and the idea of bumping into characters from other FF games--not to mention Sora from Kingdom Hearts--makes for interesting gameplay. Has anyone played this yet, and if so, is there any advice you can pass on, like secret treasures and stuff?

World of FF is great, I finished the main storyline a couple of months ago and I had a lot of fun. The characters, classic dungeons and towns of the series mixed into the same world, the visual style... a nice nostalgic trip for fans of the saga. It's not a complicated game, my only advice would be to build a good mirage setup as early as possible and regularly check the optional battles in Nine Wood Hills for the rewards, but overall the game is very straightforward anyways. If you're aiming for 100%/platinum, getting all mirages will be a long grind, though.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:33 am 

Hey, Daniel. Thanks for responding. Will a notification of the battles in NWH be given, or do I just go there occasionally? How often do they spawn? At what level should I try to face that Behemoth? Did you use a game guide, or is there enough material online to find out stuff?

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:32 pm 

Oh yeah, so I did manage to beat Izlude, just had to recruit some of those treelike monsters. Their counter ability is Damage split, so I went with 4 of those and Ramza. They can also revive and cure both hp and mp, plus they had over 900 hp each, so all I had to do was just wait for Izlude to come hit them, he always did multi target attacks so he received half the damage he inflicted to every tree that activated the damage split. And then when it was my turn I just attacked him, dunno why I didn't come up with that before. Then I ketp going, battles were pretty annoying except for the one at Grogh Heights and the one at the entrance of Riovanes Castle. And then you reach Wiegraf. The solo part was pretty hardcore, but I did come up with a strategy, just break his sword so he can't use his sword skill (his abilities were random, sometimes he had maintenance, sometimes he didn't) and then the good old Hamedo + Two Swords + 2 Blood Swords, this was the result.

Of course, then comes Velius, I don't even want to know how much HP this guy has. He counters everything with counter floor, that inflicts around 600 HP to whoever he hits, and that's just his counter. I don't remember exactly his attacks, he probably just spamed Cyclops, and there's also the three demons that can cast dark holy from above there so... yeah I just left the game there.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:43 am 

TTA ID: 93521
kurrgo wrote:
Hey, Daniel. Thanks for responding. Will a notification of the battles in NWH be given, or do I just go there occasionally? How often do they spawn? At what level should I try to face that Behemoth? Did you use a game guide, or is there enough material online to find out stuff?

Just return to Nine Wood Hills regularly and new battles and sidequests will be available as you advance into the story. The Coliseum is not unlocked from the start, I think you can only access it after chapter 4.

Behemoth shouldn't be hard, honestly I don't remember how I got it, but it was not hard. If you're having problems you can try to capture a Babymoth and transform it. I didn't use guides, just a YouTube video occasionally to find a mirage or a treasure chest.

Btw, are you playing on PC, PS4 or Vita?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next