ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Pack Odds?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:04 am 

TTA ID: 120736
TTN ID: 0
I'm new and am wondering exactly how obtaining rare cards works.

I've opened a lot of ffxiv packs and have gotten semi-rares, but not the rare. I read that AA rares are only in platinum packs, and low level rares are in the set packs, but what about other high level rares like Hildibrand? Is the chance to pull a rare higher in platinum packs also, or is the rare/semi rate static amongst all of the packs?

Sorry if these seem like invasive questions. I'm just trying to figure out how to spend points and can't find a lot of information anywhere.

Post subject: Re: Pack Odds?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:07 am 

TTA ID: 51813
TTN ID: 681
I have some really old notes but I think they are fairly accurate just anecdotally knowing how rare or not some of these cards were back in the day when a lot of packs were actually bought.

FF4 Trap Door - 1/506
FF5 Gogo - 1/748*
FF8 Pupu - 1/506
FFX Penance - 1/650
DL Dragonlance - 1/594
CT Nu - 1/506
XG Power Seraph - 1/506
FF8r - Specifically 1/3146 each rare (1/1048 for any rare)
S3 Juan - 1/506
FFXI Mog - 1/616
FFX2 - specifically 1/1232 each rare (1/616 for any rare)
FFXII Gilgamesh - 1/616
FFXIII Adamantoise - 1/594
S5 Eresh - 1/616

* Dalamar recently changed Gogo's odds to be the same as Pupu and made Magic Mirror the same.

AA rares are available in standard deck packs now but at very low odds - 1/6006.

I don't have the odds for gold and platinum packs but I do remember plats are by far your best shot at getting a rare (albeit for a higher spend). However if I remember right if you are looking to get ANY AA you are better buying plats but if you are looking for a specific AA rare you are still better off with deck packs. There are no rares in bronze packs, but you can get standard deck lv6-8 rares from gold packs.

Hildibrand is treated as an AA rare by the way, even if its numbers may suggest otherwise.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:26 pm 

TTA ID: 120736
TTN ID: 0
Thank you for the quick reply. Just out of curiosity, is there any particular reason that Hildibrand is packed as an AA rare? Not that I'm anywhere near those reward bonuses, but is he also in the pool for the AA rare bonus for a large amount of wins?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:08 am 

TTA ID: 51813
TTN ID: 681
FFXIV is a relatively new deck compared to the rest (apart from FFMQ that was just added) and the first to have a rare at lv9-10 that is not an AA, for the sake of ease I think the admins just decided it was easier to treat it as an AA so they could add it to plat packs at the same odds. And yes, that is true for rewards as well so it's a possibility to get it at any milestone that gives an AA rare.