Post subject: Re: TTA is Awesome
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:36 pm 

TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
Harsh butt affair.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:01 pm 
TTA Champion

This will likely only appeal to people as nutty about tta stats/history as I am (sadly there are lots of sweet players that don't get a shoutout in it), but I had a huuuuge database of nonsense back in the day and figure may as well publish - mostly to justify myself as the GOAT (which I still kinda believe, but, well, much of the evidence favors Yojimbo, often by a lot, and obviously Delial and Seto are phenomenal as are others) - and maybe someone out there'd find it interesting? There's a few categories I lead in so let's all pretend they're the most important. So I stuck most of it in the link below on my chess blog. It's almost all tournament results stuff - we have chess elo ratings applied to TTA and the top 15 rated players each year from 2004-17 as well as biggest improvers and all time peaks, stats leaderboards, win %s in various tournaments and against various strength opposition, an old top 50 list that is certainly wrong but also pretty good, head to heads between top players, which tournaments were won against the strongest opposition, highest peak performances, collectible cards of players that are cute, me spamming charts I didn't include elsewhere, and some annotated TT games that might be interesting.

Everything is tournament performance only so players that were awesome but did not participate or dominated clan wars instead or were busy playing trade don't get credit. Clan leaders who did great things shall be given no props. Also players who stuck around after peaking or took a while to get good are in my opinion unfairly penalized in lots of the percentage stuff here. There’s lots of awesome things that happened that weren't tournament related, and, sadly, you’ll find no coverage of it here.

Hope it appeals to someone, yes it's all very egotistical, quiet you. Many of the stats have not been updated since 2012/13ish, but ELO ratings, head to heads and Peak Performance (mostly) have been. I take requests if there's something that should've been included but wasn't or if you have comments. Or if you want to tell me that Doc/Karma/Vergil or someone was way better than I'll ever know.

https://raskerino.wordpress.com/triple-triad/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:04 pm 

TTA ID: 95892
GMT: -7
Interesting read, I can't even imagine how much time you spent compiling all of that information.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:20 am 

TTA ID: 80716
GMT: +1
Great work, Wazzup.
Wish the competitive scene was still alive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:13 am 

TTA ID: 84741
Great piece of TTA competitive history. Always wished we had a little detailed stats corner somewhere, besides the winners list. Nice to see how consistent the top 5 was.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:35 am 
TTA Champion

Cheers. Edited a few things and wrote a bazillion words of nonsense more, like arguing the most pressing issue of the day! Who's better, Kamikaze or Soujiro?!

Yeah Seto, I can't imagine how much time it took me either.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:36 am 

TTA ID: 115148
As usual, when it comes to these things, I wish I had discovered the site much sooner and not at the point where your only major opposition was the all time best with 100 times your experience. And by the time I allowed myself to think "Yeah, I got good.", the site pretty much fully died. Still happy about making the all time top 19 anyway.

Nice work!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:12 am 
A Fallen Deva

TTA ID: 39371
I loved your blog Wazzup, as another TT history nerd it really appealed, especially since I merited a couple of mentions!

For my own self-assessment, I’m pleased to even have made it to the “goods” section, but it helps that my peak of play (which was short as I gained skill by experience rather than practice since I stick around a long time without ever playing a large number of games) coincided with the early days of yours.

Thank you for the compliment on my opening hands article. I’ve always been quite good at explaining “intermediate” concepts, and now I do similar things but with Magic: the Gathering. Once again I’m a mediocre player who hung around long enough to gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals

<Cife> Ladies and gentlemen, Homer ruined my view on boobs!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 pm 
TTA Champion

Pfft like a mediocre player could ever be Deva's sexiest member. I wish you had written more. And you still should! I'd love to host other people's thoughts (except reay's) be it on strategy, nostalgia, concepts, rankings, whatever.