ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wrestling, Anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 am 
Spec-Ops

TTA ID: 7
TTN ID: 5
Seems like they're gonna just have him beat up Sami Zayn for awhile, but it's possible - plans with him/HHH are prolly pretty fluid at the moment because of Seth's injury.

(Also: Marking out for Gillberg... in 2017)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:34 am 

TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Gillberg. Sweet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:49 pm 
Spec-Ops

Fastline: Just about everything was horrible

Starting tonight's RAW: Huge pop for Jericho warms my heart

Edit: "Dear sweet jeebus, I'm 100% cool if they're gonna use Taker to put over Stowman instead..... ugggghhhhh fuck Roman"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 pm 

Okay, about a week behind, so just going to jump right into it.

Fastlane: A letdown, as usual. Most of the matches were predictable--okay, okay; they all were--and few were entertaining. Sami Zayn has become the resident whipping boy; Jimder and Rusev might be working toward a Rusev babyface turn since he is so popular on Total Divas; Enzo and Cass are still Enzo and Cass. I'm glad Charlotte did not win her title match, but it should have had more blatant interference by Sasha so as to discredit Bayley's win. Match of the night, as far as I am concerned, was Neville vs. Jack Gallagher. Goldberg did what we knew he'd do, thanks to Jericho.

RAW: Like you said, huge pop for Jericho, and well-deserved. I hope he retains at WrestleMania. Neville put away Rich Swann in (again) the match of the night, setting up a babyface turn for Austin Aries. These two should give us a great feud. Undertaker/Strowman/Reigns. Regardless of who ends up facing Undertaker at WM, Taker should not put him over. He did that already with Lesnar. Let the man have some dignity, show there's still some fight left in his aging bones.

Smackdown: **YAWN**

205 Live: Loved the Aries/Nese match. I hope WWE recognizes the talent they have in Nese, who could one day be NXT and possibly World or Universal Champion.

NXT: Finally! Ember Moon vs. Asuka at WM. I would love to see a series of draws (countout, TKO, etc.) before EM hands Asuka her first defeat. Then again, I would still like to see Mickie Knuckles and/or LuFista come to NXT women's division. As it stands, the only 3 good women wrestlers atm are Moon, Asuka, and Nikki Cross. Of the men, "Creative" really seems to be trying with Tye Dillinger, but they keep missing their mark. Kassius Ohno walks in and gets a title shot while Dillinger is still fighting off Sanity. Tye deserves better, and he'll get it, if he can survive his program with Eric Young and Company.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:13 am 

If Alexa Bliss is going to take on every woman on the SD roster at WM, it would make sense to have Asuka drop the NXT Women's Title to Ember Moon and then enter the SD match as a surprise entrant , winning that title. Then again, for all we know, Trinity may be back to win the title in her home town.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 am 

I haven't been keeping up with TNA at all for the past month, but I have discovered Lucha Underground. This is the next big thing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:32 pm 

Predictions for WrestleMania Weekend:

NXT

Aleister Black vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas: Black.

Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose and Ruby Riot vs. Sanity (Eric Young, Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe, and Nikki Cross): Give it to Dillenger and company, but this is really a "who cares?" match.

Asuka vs. Ember Moon: Moon. I think Asuka will drop the title but end up in the Smackdown Women's Title match where she will win, if they don't decide to give it to Naomi again.

The Authors of Pain vs. The Revival vs. DIY: The Revival. Maybe TM-61 will show up.

Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: Roode, sending Nakamura to the main roster.

WrestleMania

Goldberg vs. Lesnar: Lesnar.

Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton: Wyatt. Thinking Erick Rowan will return here and be a factor.

Raw Women's 4-way: Sasha pins Bayley, setting up yet another title picture that Nia Jax will not be part of.

Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns: Undertaker.

Rollins vs. HHH: Rollins, unless Samoa Joe interferes, and maybe still so.

Jericho vs. Owens: I'd like to say Jericho, but this just may be his exit to touring with Fozzy again. The best play here would be to have Jericho win at WrestleMania but lose the following night on Raw.

Ambrose vs. Corbin: Corbin. His time has come.

AJ vs. Shane: AJ, unless Shane's ego wo0n't allow it.

Cena and Bella vs. Miz and Maryse: Another "I don't care" match, but I'm going with M & M.

Raw Tag Team Triple Threat: Look for Enzo and Big Cass to finally win a big one.

Neville vs. Austin Aries: Neville.

Andre the Giant Battle Royal: I'm thinking either Strowman, Zayn, or Samoa Joe, but surprise entrants by Nakamura and/or Finn Balor may set things on a different course.

EDIT:

NXT: I was 2-3 in my predictions.

Black won, but not with much style. Dillinger lost, but at least it got him a call-up. Moon lost, which is okay. As stated previously, I'd like to see four or five good matches between she and Asuka before The Empress gives up the title. AoP retains? At least Revival gets the call-up. Finally. Roode's victory ws a no-brainer.

WM: I was 5-7 with WM, but Rowan did return, as did Balor (albeit it the following night on Raw) and Nakamura on SD.

Lesnar's win was a gimme. Orton won. Why? Is WWE going to let him tie Flair's record also? Rowan did return though, but not much a factor. Bayley wins again. Is she the new face of the Women's division? Reigns wins? Really? Disappointing. Rollins wins, as he should have. Jericho loss, but he's not gone yet. I really would have expected Corbin to take the match and title from Ambrose. The win on SmackDown was anticlimactic. AJ. Yup. Cena and Nikki. Guess WWE will always have their collective head up his ass. The Hardys? Really? I sure didn't see that one coming. Neville wins. More importantly, he consistently provides fans with Match of the Night quality. I hope his fued with Aries goes on for a few more months. I wouldn't mind seeing Neville hold the cruiserweight and UK titles simultaneously. Mojo Rawley? MOJO RAWLEY? REALLY? I just don't see it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:38 am 
Spec-Ops

-Shakeup promising for the most part. A lot of the right people went to Smackdown. Combinations of Styles/Nakamura/KO/Zayn gonna put on some awesome matches.

-SD tag division still a smoldering crater (especially with the word being that New Day won't appear until Kofi recovers). American Alpha's been fumbled, they need to do something to try and build their hype back up. Heel Uso's continue to be great.

-IC Title gonna have to carry RAW... maybe until Summerslam? When they build someone (uggghhh Roman) to take the title from Brock. Though I wonder if they'd gonna put the WWE title back on Bray to move it to RAW and just have Lesnar stealth-moved to Smackdown. It's a possibility, especially if they're setting up an AJ vs KO feud for the US title, and had the rest of the roster's top talent competing against AJ to become #1 contender.

-I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU. I'd say Braun's extended backstage beatdown of Roman is the greatest thing the WWE's done in a long time if they didn't also do the Festival of Friendship this year. But it was stupid, ridiculous, and fucking amazing (also the "You Deserve It!" chant while Roman was being put on the stretcher was the best use of that chant ever). If only Braun showed up at the hospital. But the only real downside of the segment is that this feud is probably going to culminate in an injured Roman winning clean over Braun. Ugggghhhhhh.

-Oh yeah, also the Hardy's return has been great. Best moment of Wrestlemania was 70k people doing the DELETE chant. Hopefully they get some promo time soon for Matt to start introducing the Broken character or some new variation thereof to WWE (Judging by your reaction, Kurrgo, can I assume you're unaware of what they were up to for the last year or two in TNA?)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:31 pm 

I'm familiar with Matt's "Broken" character. I don't know if it is property of TNA or something he can implement now that he is in WWE, but there was a lot of Twitter heat between Matt and Bray last year, so it will be interesting to see what, if anything g, becomes of that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 am 
Spec-Ops

Yeah - There's a battle over ownership of the gimmick (TNA's new owner claiming it and trying to impose other conditions is pretty much the only reason the Hardys jumped back to WWE). Who knows if WWE's trying to hash something out or fight it or go around it or what, but word is some version of the Broken gimmick is coming. Pure nostalgia runs only go so far (see: The Dudleys), plus they don't necessarily need to bring Jeff along (at first at least). He's always been the bigger merch seller and singles star (at least until Broken Matt took off lol), so it's a relatively safe bet at that to let Jeff stay spot monkey and let Matt do whatever crazy shit he wants.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:44 pm 
Spec-Ops

Farewell, Y2J ;_; Maybe he'll be back for one last run.

Also, plz push Breezango.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:35 pm 

Payback was better than expected. Alexa Bliss capturing the Raw Women's belt was a good move; Bayley as the underdog works much better. Once again, Neville is at the top of his game. As far as Y2J goes, maybe something at Backlash will allow him to leave on a positive note.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:08 pm 
Spec-Ops

Nah, he's gone. The Fozzy tour started like the next night after that Smackdown lol. Jericho did the job on the way out to build KO's heat. Jericho's positive sendoff was his unexpected win at Payback.

Meanwhile, Strowman's out for 6 months ;_; RIP reasons to watch Raw.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:24 pm 

TTA ID: 80716
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
Guess I'm done here aswell. Y2J was pretty much the only reason I started watching Wrasslin again.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:12 pm 

Both NXT: Takeover: Chicago and Backlash were pretty much a wash, with match predictability at an all-time high. First, NXT.
Strong's win over Eric Young was a bit of a surprise, but victories by Roode, Asuka, and AoP seemed to be too rushed at the end of their respective matches. Match of the night was the UK Championship, which was awesome.
Backlash was lackluster. Nakamura was assured a win over Ziggler, who seems to be putting everyone over lately. Zayn's win over Corbin was the surprise of the night, but the most entertaining match had to be the tag-team title match. Tyler Breeze was hilarious in his disguises. Harper won. Big whoop. Surprised to see the US title match end as it did, but it just sets up another confrontation between Styles and Owens. Jinder won, but we knew it was coming as it is but a ploy for WWE to reach its new India market. The women's 6-person tag was a joke. Tamina, Natalya, and Charlotte are the only real talent on SD, and Tamina has never been allowed to shine on her own. Everything is eventual, though (or is it?).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next