ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 pm 
Colonel Nick Fury

TTA ID: 17
TTN ID: 33
GMT: -5
I caught someone stealing a bottle of vodka today, did you send them. :o

Updated the roster with all our new members! Changed some rank names, thanks for the suggestions Seif. ;)

We are now at 11 members total, which really just means Seif won't be all alone in the Marvel Knights after the ranking tournament. :p

Also, still looking for ideas for clan tags. ;o

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:31 am 
Wethril Ohtarrim

The S.H.I.E.L.D ranking tournament starts this Saturday! So anyone still wishing to join kamikaze and myself in this epic journey say so now!

Clan tag?! Surely being who we are we are way to cool and supast clan tags!?! We are super after all?! ;) lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:19 am 

I think (A) looks close to the "A" on the movie title, but that's just the movie :p
<A> looks pretty cool.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:32 am 
All-Star Deva

TTA ID: 7527
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +2
As far as I know you cannot use <> in a clantag, since it's also html code (atleast this used to be the case back in the days, dunno if it is possible now), but (A) Looks pretty solid. :)

Also welcome everyone! Looking forward to seeing this on the way.

Pst Kami, since you changed some rank names on the roster, you might wanna change em in the above text too :)

Anyway, looks great!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 pm 
TTA Champion

I feel like I argue everything, but I'm not overly fond of one letter clan tags. Mainly because people use tags for shorthand and it's just ugly.
"Oh hey RandomPerson, I heard you were a member of .zb, avl, and E4. Would you like to join A!"
(And yes putting (A) instead of A in that sentence is too complicated.)
But really I'm just being finicky, it's fine.:P

Now Kamikaze. As far as this me having people in Marvel Knights with me business... I'd rather be in that then have to spell out S.H.I.E.L.D. to identify myself. Too many periods. It's cool to just say Shield, shield, or even SHIELD. I'd commit ritual seppuku if I had to type that repeatedly.

Also, of course I'm in for the tournament. (As I would assume everyone SHOULD be.=P)

"Everyone get ready to be 5-5'd! Because doing things half way is the best way." ®

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:45 pm 
Colonel Nick Fury

[Serenity] wrote:
Now Kamikaze. As far as this me having people in Marvel Knights with me business... I'd rather be in that then have to spell out S.H.I.E.L.D. to identify myself. Too many periods. It's cool to just say Shield, shield, or even SHIELD. I'd commit ritual seppuku if I had to type that repeatedly.

Funny you should say that...

As I was editing the first post, by the time I was typing out SHIELD with the periods for the 3rd out of 7 times I too considered committing ritual seppuku. I then continued to say "fml" repeatedly as I typed it another 4 times.

Officially changed to just SHIELD ;)

[Serenity] wrote:
"Everyone get ready to be 5-5'd! Because doing things half way is the best way." ®

Sounds like something Tony Stark would say... are you Iron Man? :o

Also... still taking suggestions for clan tags, but we could go with the suggestion Marcus had if we don't find something better. Would look like this...

Nick Fury (A)

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:35 am 
TTA Champion

I figured as much on the typing Kami. It took about twice for me.:D

And I'm cool with (A).

But to throw something else out there and be kind of unique.
How about one of the two most commonly used characters of all...
@
Serenity@
@Serenity
--------
To me it really stands out as something popular on the internet, unique from other clan tags, yet still easy to type. No ALT+156 £ or searching the character map everytime you type it.
(And yes I still remember the alt code from £H from 10 years ago off the top of my head.) =P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 am 
Deva Of Dancing Flames

TTA ID: 21844
GMT: +0
Hello all! my first post on the forums whoo hoo!

First off I have some new ideas about the clan tag If I were to be honest (A) is a little.... well dull. so I had some thoughts on maybe each clan member could possibly choose and create their own tag. as long as it has the A in it this give a chance for each member to show its own individuality. because each super hero is different maybe the clan tag should be the same. here are a few examples.

/A\ ]A[ }A{ |A|
_A_
~MKA
~A~

and yes before you say anything I was sat at my computer like a tool typing out different combinations. but then there is only so much you can work with. at this present time if we were to pick one and stick to it I am in favour of this one.

/A\

The two lines either side make the A look bigger, and this will make us stand out a lot more. and i think has a tiny tiny tiny bit of originality don't you think? you are also wondering why I have put this tag ~MKA this is just a small idea of having different tags between the marvel knights and and the 6 members who will form Shield. for example

/A\ Forky
Serenity~MK

So when said Marvel knight challenges one of the top Avengers for their spot they will also earn the right to bear the honourable tag of /A\. but this is just a small idea and not really sure if we should bother, but it could be a nice little perk to have. and maybe it will boost the members to complete the challenges to actually compete for a top spot. or maybe not you could just strap me into a spaceship and send me to another planet like they did to the Hulk! ha ha ....... please don't do this. anyway's what are your thoughts on this?

did I really type this much over a clan tag? fml I wasted all those characters when I could have been speaking about things that actually matter ha ha.

P.S I think Antwan should be made Antman! because if the shoe fits he should wear it. ha ha looking forward to the tournament whoop whoop! and maybe after we have finished we should maybe look for a CvC to celebrate the new opening of this clan.

Forkz out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:19 am 
TTA Champion

I'm feeling /A\. I like it a lot actually.
Just pasted directly from our chat conversation:

<Serenity> Maybe you do /A\ for the elites and (A) for the normals. That way there's still uniformity amongst the clan but not something so drastically different. (Basically from an outside perspective if I see something so different it doesn't even look like the same clan.)

I think Forky and I are both def. in agreement that this is the best way to go. Unless someone else comes up with something killer of course.:P
Because we are not a cheertatorship. We are a cheerocracy.
Go toros!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:09 pm 
All-Star Deva

TTA ID: 7527
GMT: +2
[Serenity] wrote:
I'm feeling /A\. I like it a lot actually.
Just pasted directly from our chat conversation:

<Serenity> Maybe you do /A\ for the elites and (A) for the normals. That way there's still uniformity amongst the clan but not something so drastically different. (Basically from an outside perspective if I see something so different it doesn't even look like the same clan.)

This! *thumbs up*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:22 pm 
Wethril Ohtarrim

I'm defo liking the /A\!!

Good time wasting Mr Fork! =P

Anyways I'm looking forward to the start of the Shield tournament starting this week! Best of luck to all participants!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:23 pm 
Deva Extraordinaire

TTA ID: 0
Best of luck with the new clan.

FYI, A stands for adulterer for you book or movie people, so you might want to go with something different.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:29 pm 
Deva Of Dancing Flames

TTA ID: 21844
GMT: +0
Thanks Kaus but according to the Urban Dictionary the top billing for the meaning of the word "A" is

1) Favorite interjection of The Fonz.

Richie: Fonzie, I think you should lay off the crack.
Fonz: A!

Ha ha this is now my new favourite fact, Thank you Kaus for leading me to this.

/A\ Forkz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 am 
Wethril Ohtarrim

You never fail to amaze me, Forky. Lol! Defo had a little chuckle!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 pm 
Colonel Nick Fury

Lol Forky, that is awesome.

And, I am totally in favor of what everyone else seems to like for a clan tag as of right now.

/A\ for higher ranks and (A) for lower ranks, so that there is something a little different between the 2, but they're both similar, so it won't be confusing for others to think they are different clans like if we used different letters.

And, I did test it on the site, the spacing is more synchronized on the site username than when you type it here on the forum(there's more of a space between the "/" and the "A" than the "\"), which is something that would have bothered me had it not been the case. :p

Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next