ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:15 am 

TTA ID: 119777
TTN ID: 0
Seeing as I find some bugs or glitches here and there, I thought I should post them before I forget them. Some of this will be minor nit picks...

I've had the text not always print out "correctly", one example would be (from the TTAQ guide):
"Task 6 - Bring back fungus that grows in a swamp south of Therissa (351,17).
spell unlocked - Poison "

It was something like:
Random description of going around in swamp."

unique message"

More precisely the quote marks were off.

Here's a more specific example:
Quote:
Thank you for bringing me these supplies. Thank you!
I've been in dire need of some for quite sometime."

You find an old dock, a man stands at the edge of the landing motioning you to approach.

"Welcome I am the Ferry Master. Can I take you across?"

This is when you bring the ferry dude his supplies as part of the mage quest (cave #13). What is off here is that extra quote mark after the word sometime. I'm guessing the first quote mark is missing.

A more harmful glitch would be getting poisoned with 1 HP left. I know this means that if you move in a direction without using an antidote first, you will die, so what I tried to do was just using the Phoenix Down so I could skip the "you're dead" message. What happened was that I got the normal 15% health back from the Phoenix Down, but I was still Poisoned...

I guess I will post more if I find more or remember some of the other ones I've encountered.

When you try to cross the water with the ferry dude and you die, which usually is quite a lot of times, you get the following message:
Quote:
The ferry ride over proved to be too rough, you lost your slipping dumping you into the water below.
Seems the inhabitants of this place find you to be a good meal

Too bad your what's for dinner.

I know my English isn't the best, but when the sentence is taunting you, I can't resist pointing out that it's "Too bad you're what's for dinner.".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:00 am 

TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
The missing quotation is a typo and nothing more, hardly in need of mention. As far as the poisoning, you will have to use antidote, or just die and then resurrect with Phoenix Down until you can purchase Remedy in Greymist. Just wait until the Mind Moths and Millipedes start wreaking havoc with you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:21 pm 

kurrgo wrote:
The missing quotation is a typo and nothing more, hardly in need of mention. As far as the poisoning, you will have to use antidote, or just die and then resurrect with Phoenix Down until you can purchase Remedy in Greymist. Just wait until the Mind Moths and Millipedes start wreaking havoc with you.

Seeing how often the missing quotation is missing, I think it's rather safe to say they use some sort of template for it, and as such, it affects quite a lot of screens in the game. Does it matter if it's a typo? I'm pretty sure they want to hear about it so it can be corrected either way. Probably pretty easy to fix too.

As for the antidote thing, I thought I explained that I already knew what you said, but that I reported on a related glitch.

Here's the scenario:
I got 1HP left and I get poisoned.

What I can do:

1. I can go a step in any direction, and I will get the "you're dead screen" because I die. I can then use a phoenix down and bring myself back to life, which will result in getting 15% of full health and no longer be poisoned. I'm no longer poisoned because I died. This is as it should be.

2. I can use an antidote, and I will get cured and not die. This is as it should be.

3. I can spend a phoenix down, and I will gain 15% of full health and still be poisoned. This is not as it should be, because you can't spend a phoenix down unless you're dead, which I guess I become when I use the phoenix down when I got 1 HP left and is poisoned. This means I was dead, which should have rid me off the poison, but I'm still poisoned.

The third option clearly points out the bug, and it's easy to avoid, but it's still a glitch. Why would I want to do this? Because I want to avoid going that last step to get the "you're dead" message, before spending a phoenix down. It's just an extra refresh for no good reason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:46 pm 

During the stone mason quest line, I'm able to go to "The Lost Dungeon" using the Sanctuary portal. I always get the following "error message" when I click to go to that location:
Quote:
Refresh is not permitted. Use the links provided in game
Back

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:33 am 

TTA ID: 119773
Quote:
70.City of Valari(33,458 )
As you eneter tunnel #6 in Valari you are greeted by a woman named Shurana who is looking to set up an item shop
somewhere. Luckily she is more than willing to go to Galahan to open up there. She opens the Mystic items Shop.

When I went there the first message I got was "Nothing here" or something like that followed by a dialogue etc with a person who is there, so there is something there and yet it says "nothing here".

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:59 pm 

The only item she sells is the soul gem for each respective monster. She'll have them once you get further in the game. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:10 am 

kurrgo wrote:
The only item she sells is the soul gem for each respective monster. She'll have them once you get further in the game. :)

I think you missed my point, because you are thinking of something else. :p This is a glitch.

It's when you go to the tunnel #6 in Valari you get this message.

Normally when you go to tunnel #6 in Valari, you get the message that nothing is there, and you still do when someone actually is there during that step of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:57 am 

I've been trying to catch all the monsters, just for fun. Anyways...

After fighting Monster Arena Dragon Group Boss 4: Malystryx, I'm given an invalid url for the "back" button/link!

Code:
http://www.ttadvance.ca/quest/qmon_seegroup.php?gr=

which results in the error:

Code:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ttadvanc/public_html/quest/qmon_seegroup.php on line 58

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/ttadvanc/public_html/quest/qmon_seegroup.php on line 72

And this happens every time I do that one dragon boss. The other bosses usually link me back to the same group of monsters again, so I'm guessing it should be this link instead:

Code:
http://www.ttadvance.ca/quest/qmon_seegroup.php?gr=2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:16 pm 

The same as above goes for "Group Boss: St. Ajora", the boss under Tactic, but the strange thing is, it's the wrong boss when I actually fight, then it's called "Blood Soul".

And I get the same errors!

EDIT:
I checked the last Dragon Boss again, and it would seem I fight the same boss, "Blood Soul", there too.

2nd EDIT:
Dalamar fixed the Monster Arena issues.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm 

Another bug I've discovered is that when you've got enough exp to level up, which itself is messed up at higher levels, like this 102841458/100000000, and you're in a new fight, you simply can't use magic to win that fight. It just says "Your magic spells do not seem to be working!!". And this has happened so many times now... Once I win another fight, I get the actual level up and then I can use magic again...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:22 pm 

The cool thing about that, though, is if it happens in a cave and you use magic, your next step doesn't reset for the next level but thrusts you in another battle so that you can level up quicker.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:25 pm 

kurrgo wrote:
The cool thing about that, though, is if it happens in a cave and you use magic, your next step doesn't reset for the next level but thrusts you in another battle so that you can level up quicker.

Are you saying that I should flee the fights until I meet an enemy I want to fight? =o

EDIT:
I just tested this on the world map, and it works great, but I only meet like the same 6 enemies or something.