ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
I know that the whole idea of complaing about free points kinda lacks of common sense, but so does the actual bonus system.

See... you need to play 10 game (or was it 15? I don't remember but it's valid either way, let's asume it's 15) to get 500 pts. That's 33 pts per game.

Then you have to play 35 games to receive 1000 pts... that's 28.5 pts for every game. Then 75 to get 1500 which is 20 pts for game.

So one would rhater stay with the first bonus for ever. It should be 30 games for the second and 45 for the third, but even then it would still not make sense, the first one is still better because it requires less games to reach it. If the goal is to make people play games, it is only valid for the first one.

I mean it kind of feels like we're penalazing the ones who reached the bonus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Posts: 488
Location: South Georgia, USA
TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Do the numbers really matter? It's free points. Look at it this way: "We here at TTA want to give you free points. As an introductory offer, play just fifteen games and we will give you a 500 point bonus. Since you are going to be playing games anyway, we'll give you 1000 points if you play 35 additional games, and then 1500 points if you play 75 games after that. So, for playing just 125 games, you will receive 3000 free, additional points along with the points you receive for a win, loss, or tie." Nothing to complain about.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
kurrgo wrote:
Do the numbers really matter? It's free points. Look at it this way: "We here at TTA want to give you free points. As an introductory offer, play just fifteen games and we will give you a 500 point bonus. Since you are going to be playing games anyway, we'll give you 1000 points if you play 35 additional games, and then 1500 points if you play 75 games after that. So, for playing just 125 games, you will receive 3000 free, additional points along with the points you receive for a win, loss, or tie." Nothing to complain about.



I get it that it's not really appropiate to complain about extra point, I'm aware, but I think numbers do matter if the goal is to improve the site activity. If you want to keep the same relation, but want this to be effective you'd rather give 375 pts every 16 games. I guess most people don't even try to reach the 35 games bonus after they've reached the first one with their second account. I just think it would be more logical that way, if the main goal is to boost the activity rather than being a challenge.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Posts: 488
Location: South Georgia, USA
TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
I, on the other hand, think most people are appreciative of the bonus incentive while others are just downright greedy. Either way, the system works, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
Dude, I'm done being respectful with you, you're an annoying piece of shit, and you have been for years. I tought I asked you not to talk to me anymore by the way so why the hell don't you just shut the fuck up and mind you own fucking bussines for once? Go do your stupid articles no one cares about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Posts: 488
Location: South Georgia, USA
TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Villalva wrote:
Dude, I'm done being respectful with you, you're an annoying piece of shit, and you have been for years. I tought I asked you not to talk to me anymore by the way so why the hell don't you just shut the fuck up and mind you own fucking bussines for once? Go do your stupid articles no one cares about.

1. You believe I am disrespectful because I will not agree with you?

2. It obviously annoys you that I will not agree with your flawed logic.

3. I am an annoying piece of shit? If I am, then you created me. When I first came to TTA back in 2012 I tried to do something good for the community, and every step of the way I was met with resistance by people like you, the old guard. If it weren't for people like Kassandra, Felix, and a very few others who encouraged me privately and publicly, I would have left the site altogether. People like you, though, hectored and ridiculed me regardless, so yes, it was because of you and your ilk that I became an asshole, and have been for years, but only to the assholes who made me.

4. You cannot forbid me from commenting on a post. This is social media, to some degree. You open yourself up to unwanted replies (Lord knows you have given me a fair share of yours over the years) every time you make a post. I do not make it a point to respond tp the author of a post, but to the content held within the post, so don't take it too personally. Willie the Wonder Slug could have begun this thread and I would have responded to him accordingly.

5. You want me to shut the fuck up and mind my own fucking business for once? I do mind my own fucking business. More than once. In truth, about 99.9% of the time I am here. It is only when someone like you attacks me because I will not mindlessly bow to your whims that I find myself compelled to defend myself.

6. "Go do your stupid articles that no one cares about." Articles … Posts … Threads … Call them what you will. The last one I did? You're right, no one cared about it, but the one before that? The one before that sparked a conversation within the TTA community that actually got a new card deck added to this site, but no one cares about that. That same one saw people come together, offering their expertise on numbering and whatnot, like a community should, which really showed how no one cares about it. I think you see my point. People may not care about all of them, but people will let you know when it is important enough to fight for, and a new deck was important enough to fight for.

7. I believe that you really just need to get over yourself. I believe that what irks you most about me is not the fact that I disagree with you, but that I have the ability to show how flawed your thinking is. This is nothing to get angry over, though; quite the contrary: Use this time to create a more sound argument, one that is impenetrable. A commentary on how point averages differ per tier? Redundant.

8. I don't hate you. I remember how we used to be. I looked forward to seeing you here, taking a game, talking as we played. I miss THAT Villalva, not this newer incarnation so consumed with hate and contempt.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
kurrgo wrote:
Villalva wrote:
Dude, I'm done being respectful with you, you're an annoying piece of shit, and you have been for years. I tought I asked you not to talk to me anymore by the way so why the hell don't you just shut the fuck up and mind you own fucking bussines for once? Go do your stupid articles no one cares about.

1. You believe I am disrespectful because I will not agree with you?

2. It obviously annoys you that I will not agree with your flawed logic.

3. I am an annoying piece of shit? If I am, then you created me. When I first came to TTA back in 2012 I tried to do something good for the community, and every step of the way I was met with resistance by people like you, the old guard. If it weren't for people like Kassandra, Felix, and a very few others who encouraged me privately and publicly, I would have left the site altogether. People like you, though, hectored and ridiculed me regardless, so yes, it was because of you and your ilk that I became an asshole, and have been for years, but only to the assholes who made me.

4. You cannot forbid me from commenting on a post. This is social media, to some degree. You open yourself up to unwanted replies (Lord knows you have given me a fair share of yours over the years) every time you make a post. I do not make it a point to respond tp the author of a post, but to the content held within the post, so don't take it too personally. Willie the Wonder Slug could have begun this thread and I would have responded to him accordingly.

5. You want me to shut the fuck up and mind my own fucking business for once? I do mind my own fucking business. More than once. In truth, about 99.9% of the time I am here. It is only when someone like you attacks me because I will not mindlessly bow to your whims that I find myself compelled to defend myself.

6. "Go do your stupid articles that no one cares about." Articles … Posts … Threads … Call them what you will. The last one I did? You're right, no one cared about it, but the one before that? The one before that sparked a conversation within the TTA community that actually got a new card deck added to this site, but no one cares about that. That same one saw people come together, offering their expertise on numbering and whatnot, like a community should, which really showed how no one cares about it. I think you see my point. People may not care about all of them, but people will let you know when it is important enough to fight for, and a new deck was important enough to fight for.

7. I believe that you really just need to get over yourself. I believe that what irks you most about me is not the fact that I disagree with you, but that I have the ability to show how flawed your thinking is. This is nothing to get angry over, though; quite the contrary: Use this time to create a more sound argument, one that is impenetrable. A commentary on how point averages differ per tier? Redundant.

8. I don't hate you. I remember how we used to be. I looked forward to seeing you here, taking a game, talking as we played. I miss THAT Villalva, not this newer incarnation so consumed with hate and contempt.



Ok fine, you want to me go insult you in every stupid thing you say like you've been doing with me for the last 3 years and then just try to look like i'm the victim? Ok, game on you piece of turd.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Posts: 488
Location: South Georgia, USA
TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Someone once defined power as not the ability to do as you wish, but the ability to see that some people just aren't worth the energy it would take to act out against them. You, my friend, are one of those people who are not worthy of any more of my time or effort. Go ahead. Say what you will, do what you will. I will remain silent, allowing you the hollow victory you so dearly cry out for.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
You started to harass me just before hosting that tournament, I guess I was just an asshole for doing that huh?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:17 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Czech Republic
TTA ID: 84741
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
I'll ignore your childish attitude towards each other, as I don't care what you have against each other anyway.

Just gonna say I agree it's not making me to play games. And it's not even about lowering the points, it's about the goal being too far, as I already mentioned in other thread.
Play 15 games for a reward? Hmm, ok. Doesn't sound too bad to go for.
Play 50 games for a reward? Well man, I'm not sure if that's worth.
Play 125 games for a reward? No way I'm doing that.
(I'm counting the numbers in total)

Lower the games required. Be my guest and lower the points aswell, but it's certainly not encouraging to play if you ask to play 50 games on the second mission.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
Chicony wrote:
I'll ignore your childish attitude towards each other, as I don't care what you have against each other anyway.

Just gonna say I agree it's not making me to play games. And it's not even about lowering the points, it's about the goal being too far, as I already mentioned in other thread.
Play 15 games for a reward? Hmm, ok. Doesn't sound too bad to go for.
Play 50 games for a reward? Well man, I'm not sure if that's worth.
Play 125 games for a reward? No way I'm doing that.
(I'm counting the numbers in total)

Lower the games required. Be my guest and lower the points aswell, but it's certainly not encouraging to play if you ask to play 50 games on the second mission.



Hey man thanks for the logical opinion here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:08 am
Posts: 367
TTA ID: 95892
TTN ID: 0
GMT: -7
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
I really think there's a correlation between activity and bonus. When this last bonus was reseted there was way more activity than now, when most players are either stuck on the second bonus or somehow managed to hit the three of them. Despite previous accusations, I'm not trying to be greedy, I just care about the activity.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bonuses are wrong.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:18 am
Posts: 59
TTA ID: 0
TTN ID: 0
kurrgo wrote:
Villalva wrote:
Dude, I'm done being respectful with you, you're an annoying piece of shit, and you have been for years. I tought I asked you not to talk to me anymore by the way so why the hell don't you just shut the fuck up and mind you own fucking bussines for once? Go do your stupid articles no one cares about.

1. You believe I am disrespectful because I will not agree with you?

2. It obviously annoys you that I will not agree with your flawed logic.

3. I am an annoying piece of shit? If I am, then you created me. When I first came to TTA back in 2012 I tried to do something good for the community, and every step of the way I was met with resistance by people like you, the old guard. If it weren't for people like Kassandra, Felix, and a very few others who encouraged me privately and publicly, I would have left the site altogether. People like you, though, hectored and ridiculed me regardless, so yes, it was because of you and your ilk that I became an asshole, and have been for years, but only to the assholes who made me.

4. You cannot forbid me from commenting on a post. This is social media, to some degree. You open yourself up to unwanted replies (Lord knows you have given me a fair share of yours over the years) every time you make a post. I do not make it a point to respond tp the author of a post, but to the content held within the post, so don't take it too personally. Willie the Wonder Slug could have begun this thread and I would have responded to him accordingly.

5. You want me to shut the fuck up and mind my own fucking business for once? I do mind my own fucking business. More than once. In truth, about 99.9% of the time I am here. It is only when someone like you attacks me because I will not mindlessly bow to your whims that I find myself compelled to defend myself.

6. "Go do your stupid articles that no one cares about." Articles … Posts … Threads … Call them what you will. The last one I did? You're right, no one cared about it, but the one before that? The one before that sparked a conversation within the TTA community that actually got a new card deck added to this site, but no one cares about that. That same one saw people come together, offering their expertise on numbering and whatnot, like a community should, which really showed how no one cares about it. I think you see my point. People may not care about all of them, but people will let you know when it is important enough to fight for, and a new deck was important enough to fight for.

7. I believe that you really just need to get over yourself. I believe that what irks you most about me is not the fact that I disagree with you, but that I have the ability to show how flawed your thinking is. This is nothing to get angry over, though; quite the contrary: Use this time to create a more sound argument, one that is impenetrable. A commentary on how point averages differ per tier? Redundant.

8. I don't hate you. I remember how we used to be. I looked forward to seeing you here, taking a game, talking as we played. I miss THAT Villalva, not this newer incarnation so consumed with hate and contempt.



I just read this... REALLY? You have no shame, no shame at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group