ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 229
TTA ID: 98699
TTN ID: 0
Lol dude, I'm not angry, just kinda sad to see that the site I used so many years has become what it is today. I'll be out after SE Carver so if you don't want me here anymore you better play me soon and not avoid me like you always did with relevant tournament games. Who knows, maybe in a few months you can make scripts so it creates new accounts with different ip addresses that join your games, you probably don't have to worry about the ip address much, admins don't seem to care about what's going on in the site anyways.

Really? You're bringing the add on discussion again? :lol:. Anyway, not the point. You said several times that the site activity is boosted because of you, and if you weren't here the whole day there wouldn't be anyone. I have better stuff to brag about than some stupid add on anyway. It's funny how you remember that but ignore all the previous persons that complained about you before me and kurrgo, nice going.


Why do you even worry about selling cards anyway? You already have all of them. It's like if you were the last man on earth, living on a huge mansion with a lot of stuff you can possibly need, but still worry about getting more, and get excited after acquiring some new shit. THAT'S NONSENSE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 8:21 am
Posts: 114
Location: Sevilla (Spain)
TTA ID: 69561
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
Please, notify me when the film about this post get released.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:40 pm
Posts: 294
TTA ID: 119773
TTN ID: 0
Vil wrote:
Lol dude, I'm not angry, just kinda sad to see that the site I used so many years has become what it is today. I'll be out after SE Carver so if you don't want me here anymore you better play me soon and not avoid me like you always did with relevant tournament games. Who knows, maybe in a few months you can make scripts so it creates new accounts with different ip addresses that join your games, you probably don't have to worry about the ip address much, admins don't seem to care about what's going on in the site anyways.


Wtf are you even talking about? I've never had any issues with not being available for a tournament game. I've never avoided anyone. I've always played my games on time. Last tournament round you harassed me about it too, even if I had over 10 days left to get my game done. I always spend the first few days thinking about my hand and building it.

I only play real players. Heck, why would I even risk anything else? :s

Vil wrote:
Really? You're bringing the add on discussion again? :lol:. Anyway, not the point. You said several times that the site activity is boosted because of you, and if you weren't here the whole day there wouldn't be anyone. I have better stuff to brag about than some stupid add on anyway. It's funny how you remember that but ignore all the previous persons that complained about you before me and kurrgo, nice going.


What old discussion are you referring to? I responded to the shit you talked about. Yes, the site activity has indeed been boosted with me around, and when I went away for a while, it dramatically dropped again.

And not sure who you refer to as having complained about me before other than closed and moonflower. As far as I know, last I talked with moonflower, we were fine. Closed didn't really seem to be coming back anyway.

Vil wrote:
Why do you even worry about selling cards anyway? You already have all of them. It's like if you were the last man on earth, living on a huge mansion with a lot of stuff you can possibly need, but still worry about getting more, and get excited after acquiring some new shit. THAT'S NONSENSE


As I said before, "What aspect of playing a game and how I like to play is my preferences, not yours. Get over it."

If you insist on knowing what it is I sell cards for then I'll tell you. I sell cards so I can pay for more packs. If I get any rares, I sell them to people. Since I got Mog and Rb Doomtrain in a pack, I've spent about 150 000 points on packs without getting any rares. I also spent some to get the few cards I missed a dupe of for my second account. Those 30 or so common cards cost me about 1000 per card, but it also had a chance of rare. Buying platinum might also get me a SE. If I get an SE, I might do something similar to what you did. Sounds like the most fun using it for. Chances I'll get one in a plat pack is super slim though, and I can't even seem to get any AA. There's other stuff too, but eh, you don't need to know everything. Imagine selling those several thousand cards one by one... fucking hell. Then there's people who still collect, and I offer them rather cheap cards that they need from time to time. If someone lose a card in a trade game, I often have a dupe.

_________________
Image
Most losses by far!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Posts: 390
Location: South Georgia, USA
TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Vil wrote:
Who knows, maybe in a few months you can make scripts so it creates new accounts with different ip addresses that join your games

I thought it was already common knowledge that he has done this.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:00 am
Posts: 229
TTA ID: 98699
TTN ID: 0
Triad Freak wrote:
Vil wrote:
Lol dude, I'm not angry, just kinda sad to see that the site I used so many years has become what it is today. I'll be out after SE Carver so if you don't want me here anymore you better play me soon and not avoid me like you always did with relevant tournament games. Who knows, maybe in a few months you can make scripts so it creates new accounts with different ip addresses that join your games, you probably don't have to worry about the ip address much, admins don't seem to care about what's going on in the site anyways.


Wtf are you even talking about? I've never had any issues with not being available for a tournament game. I've never avoided anyone. I've always played my games on time. Last tournament round you harassed me about it too, even if I had over 10 days left to get my game done. I always spend the first few days thinking about my hand and building it.

I only play real players. Heck, why would I even risk anything else? :s

Vil wrote:
Really? You're bringing the add on discussion again? :lol:. Anyway, not the point. You said several times that the site activity is boosted because of you, and if you weren't here the whole day there wouldn't be anyone. I have better stuff to brag about than some stupid add on anyway. It's funny how you remember that but ignore all the previous persons that complained about you before me and kurrgo, nice going.


What old discussion are you referring to? I responded to the shit you talked about. Yes, the site activity has indeed been boosted with me around, and when I went away for a while, it dramatically dropped again.

And not sure who you refer to as having complained about me before other than closed and moonflower. As far as I know, last I talked with moonflower, we were fine. Closed didn't really seem to be coming back anyway.

Vil wrote:
Why do you even worry about selling cards anyway? You already have all of them. It's like if you were the last man on earth, living on a huge mansion with a lot of stuff you can possibly need, but still worry about getting more, and get excited after acquiring some new shit. THAT'S NONSENSE


As I said before, "What aspect of playing a game and how I like to play is my preferences, not yours. Get over it."

If you insist on knowing what it is I sell cards for then I'll tell you. I sell cards so I can pay for more packs. If I get any rares, I sell them to people. Since I got Mog and Rb Doomtrain in a pack, I've spent about 150 000 points on packs without getting any rares. I also spent some to get the few cards I missed a dupe of for my second account. Those 30 or so common cards cost me about 1000 per card, but it also had a chance of rare. Buying platinum might also get me a SE. If I get an SE, I might do something similar to what you did. Sounds like the most fun using it for. Chances I'll get one in a plat pack is super slim though, and I can't even seem to get any AA. There's other stuff too, but eh, you don't need to know everything. Imagine selling those several thousand cards one by one... fucking hell. Then there's people who still collect, and I offer them rather cheap cards that they need from time to time. If someone lose a card in a trade game, I often have a dupe.


This is really good. Seriously. What if you create some loop script that automatically buys a plat everytime you have 500 points and sells the dupes? That'd be sweet. All you have to do is have a computer on automatically creating games and play, and then check if you got something nice, IT'S GENIUS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 pm
Posts: 390
Location: South Georgia, USA
TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
Triad Freak wrote:
Then there's people who still collect, and I offer them rather cheap cards that they need from time to time.

Rather cheap? You base it on the TTA model of value per numbers. Oh, and let us not forget that you condemned me for "driving down the prices" while continuously undercutting me.

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:40 pm
Posts: 294
TTA ID: 119773
TTN ID: 0
kurrgo wrote:
Triad Freak wrote:
Then there's people who still collect, and I offer them rather cheap cards that they need from time to time.

Rather cheap? You base it on the TTA model of value per numbers. Oh, and let us not forget that you condemned me for "driving down the prices" while continuously undercutting me.


Rather cheaply isn't too cheap. It is based on what I can get for them when I sell them as dupes, what decks they are from (few buys FFO, FFT, FF6 etc, so the cards are more rare), what values the cards have (how good they are to play with) etc, the level etc. :| Ignoring this you'll undercut the market, which is in a pretty fragile, if not bad, state atm, at least IMO. A healthy and good economy has lots of trade and demand.

Vil wrote:
This is really good. Seriously. What if you create some loop script that automatically buys a plat everytime you have 500 points and sells the dupes? That'd be sweet. All you have to do is have a computer on automatically creating games and play, and then check if you got something nice, IT'S GENIUS.


Obviously gotta play the games manually, and purchasing the packs is part of the fun too. I think you see the difference between saving a filled in form for easier repeated use and having something do it for you. Or the difference between thinking about and placing your cards and having something do it for you. I think most people see that, which is why this has been accepted long before I came around. Why you even used scripts (add-ons) for it yourself. Most of what I've written is the most requested features, that has high approval and usefulness. These are things people are displeased with, want improved, doesn't think is a good part of the experience.

And kurrgo, I know you'd love for the last card to be auto-played. I've been working on a way to do that. Still not done! I wish it was implemented server side, but we don't see much action from that side. But I know if you could, you'd want everyone to auto play the last card. You don't see having to play the last card as a good part of the gameplay experience. There's no choice involved, you just gotta do it, or wait for your opponent to do it. You know it's a pointless waste of time that just isn't fun and doesn't make any meaningful, in the good sense, difference in terms of the gameplay. If you disagree, please do go on, but it is something you've requested, so you'd think you'd want it and you don't see it as ruining the gameplay etc. :p

The point is, I think you guys see the difference. It also, to me, doesn't seem like you guys are honestly interested in the philosophical discussion and definitions around this, but rather deploy it as a dishonest tool against me. Muddy the water, so to speak. Btw, I'm all for the philosophical discussion and to define clear lines or whatever. Have a real discussion about what is okay and not, but this is not what is happening here, as far as I can see. Why? Because you yourself have used and asked for this yourself, and is now criticizing me for doing it, even sharing it with you guys.

_________________
Image
Most losses by far!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:41 am 
Offline
Master of Past and Present
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:01 pm
Posts: 187
Location: The Tower of High Sorcery
TTA ID: 7444
TTN ID: 0
GMT: -5
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:12 am
Posts: 372
Location: Germania
TTA ID: 80716
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
>discussing a game that has been dead for at least 5 years

Top wew.

_________________
ImageImage
Achievements: World Cup Winner 2014.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 pm
Posts: 194
TTA ID: 115148
TTN ID: 0
GMT: +1
This is what happens when you don't get enough attention as a child. He's got the potential to become a serial killer of high caliber, but luckily our beloved site keeps him at bay.

Future parents, please be wary of your kids.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group