ttadvance.ca

Triple Triad Advance Forums
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:24 am 

TTA ID: 114200
TTN ID: 2955
The Auction House can be a great place to pick up wonderful cards at a cheap price. Since my return to TTA I have been fortunate enough to win bids on the following cards:

Sinspawn Ammes: 47 pts.
Death Scythe: 51 pts.
Chu-Chu: 57 pts.
Maria Balhasar: 61 pts.
Not to mention the myriad level 3 cards I have gotten with bids of 6, 7, or 8 pts.

The Auction House is good for finding those cards one may need to complete a set or to just pad one's inventory should he or she be one who plays trade games, but the Auction House is not the only means by which cards can be purchased.

Over the past few days I have noticed an irrational excess of over-bidding at the Auction House, and by over-bidding I mean that the cards could have been purchased cheaper through the shops in the Card Palace if the individuals had just taken the time to make a quick check of pricing. I made a post on Facebook about one such incident, but there have been many others before and since.

If the overbidding comes from players who do not know about the Card Palace Shops then I shall suggest the following: First, go to TTA Wishlist under the "My Account" heading on the left of your screen. Simply follow the directions and you can see if the card is available in a shop or if it is currently up at auction. A second method is to enter Card Palace under the "Card Shop" heading, click on "Shop The Card Palace," and a window similar to that in TTA Wishlist will appear, allowing you to search all shops at once as opposed to tediously moving from shop to shop in search of one particular card.

Points are precious little things here at TTA, and if you spend them wisely then you can maximize your purchases with minimum amount spent. Let the Auction House serve as a last resort.